Role: Contracts Manager
Hours: Full Time
Location: Hybrid Working
Having grown steadily over the past 20 years, Barr Group Ltd. are delighted to be expanding our strong, collaborative team. We are searching for an experienced, highly motivated Contracts Manager, who will become an integral part of the organisation, taking advantage of great training and development opportunities, job security, benefits and compensation.
At Barr Group our Contracts Managers play a vital role within the organisation. Working closely with the directors, Commercial Manager and the wider project team, they act as the pivot around which each of our exceptional builds come to life. As a Contracts Manager, for a CIOB Chartered Building Company, you will manage the successful delivery of construction contracts to the very highest of standards. As a key member of the organisation, you will be relied upon to represent and implement company values, with the goal of client and design collaborator satisfaction.
Our Contracts Managers thrive on a hybrid working model, offering the autonomy to manage their time effectively, between sites, home and office. Barr Group HQ is just off the M40; less than an hour from London, and within easy access of the home counties, the Cotswolds and the Midlands.
As well as a competitive salary package:
- Company profit share scheme.
- Performance-based bonus.
- Annual pay review.
Additional benefits include:
- Hybrid working.
- Flexible hours.
- Informal dress code.
- Company pension contributions.
- Company car scheme
- On-site parking.
- Electric vehicle support scheme - with onsite charging points.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee referral scheme.
- Health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Lively company social calendar.
The Contracts Manager role:
- Managing projects from tender submission through to final completion and beyond.
- Understanding and delivering the project vision, according to client needs and contracted expectations.
- Programming and executing project plans to contracted budgets and timelines.
- Managing, supporting and directing the relevant site teams.
- Stringent quality control – ensuring only the very highest work standards
- Facilitating efficient. communication across the wider project team and relevant third parties.
- Endorsing and supporting the company’s standards and values, in line with statutory legislation and the relevant regulatory bodies.
What will you bring?
- Strong contracts management experience – with a background in construction and relevant industry knowledge and training.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to negotiate and influence.
- Health and safety management experience.
- Competent in budget management, costing and reporting.
- Leadership skills, with solid team management experience.
- Ability to set standards and monitor performance standards across multiple sites.
- Competent IT skills (including all Microsoft Office suite).
- Excellent organisational skills inc. track record of managing projects with competing deadlines.
More about careers with Barr Group:
We are looking for individuals who want to be a part of something bigger than just a construction company. The Barr Group are a "work family", who support each other and operate as a team. Our mantra is to "always build better" and every member of the organisation contributes to achieving this goal.
We are privileged to work on exciting design-led projects, with positive, challenging, supportive work environments, individualised training programmes and a wealth of opportunities for future career progression.
At Barr Group we work hard and play hard. Because we all work in different places, we try to get together as much as possible. As well as after-work drinks meetups, the Barr Group social calendar includes a Tough Mudder, team bowling, a summer family BBQ, Junkyard Golf, karting and lots more. We also run company wellness sessions, a weekly HIIT class and Tuesday night footy!
If you are interested in a career with Barr Group we would very much like to hear from you. Please send your CV, along with a covering email to email@example.com
“The belief that we are only as good as our last job and that everything we say and do really matters, has helped us to maintain the very highest standards.”