Full Time, Onsite
Having grown steadily over the past 20 years, Barr Group Ltd. are delighted to be expanding our strong, collaborative team. We are searching for an experienced, highly motivated Working Site Foreman, who will become an integral part of the organisation, taking advantage of great training and development opportunities, job security, benefits and compensation.
At Barr Group we run a Direct to Client service, where smaller design-led projects can take centre stage. Each of these projects is run by a Working Site Foreman, who splits his/her time between site management and hands-on assistance for the site team. Subcontractor management, health and safety governance and supplier coordination play an integral part in the role, as does exceptional client care. Most importantly our site foremen are passionate about design-led build.
- Competitive salary package.
- Project-based profit share scheme.
- Company pension.
- Individualised training and development programme.
- Excellent career opportunities.
The Site Foreman role:
- Responsible for delivering excellent build projects; on time, to budget and in line with clients’ requirements.
- Site team management and hands-on assistance, in line with the execution of the overall project programme.
- Running safe and productive sites, supported by the relevant Contracts Manager and a strong head office team.
- Liaising with clients and the wider project team.
- Responding to and dealing with issues efficiently and effectively.
- Planning and coordinating resources and labour as required to execute the designated works.
The Site Foreman’s role is full-time and site-based, with projects located within an hour’s drive from Barr Group HQ. It is important to note that we strive to base our team members close to home wherever possible. As a site manager, you would be operations focused, with a hands-on team to motivate, organise and manage. Our sites are equipped with fully operational site offices and excellent staff welfare facilities.
What will you bring?
- Relevant experience of site management.
- Strong general building knowledge and experience.
- Proven people management skills.
- Proven relationship building/customer care skills.
- SSMTS qualification – inc. first aid and asbestos training.
- Health and safety management experience and knowledge.
- Ability to interpret and work to technical drawings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the construction industry and trades.
- Competent in using IT (Microsoft Office products and email).
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to prioritise site activities, allocating staff and work scheduling.
Further additional benefits:
- Health and wellbeing programme.
- Lively company social calendar.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Electric vehicle acquisition support scheme.
More about careers with Barr Group:
We are looking for individuals who want to be a part of something bigger than just a construction company. The Barr Group are a "work family", who support each other and operate as a team. Our mantra is to "always build better" and every member of the organisation contributes to achieving this goal.
We are privileged to work on exciting design-led projects, with positive, challenging, supportive work environments, individualised training programmes and a wealth of opportunities for future career progression.
At Barr Group we work hard and play hard. Because we all work in different places, we try to get together as much as possible. As well as after-work drinks meetups, the Barr Group social calendar includes a Tough Mudder, team bowling, a summer family BBQ, Junkyard Golf, karting and lots more. We also run company wellness sessions, a weekly HIT class and Tuesday night footy!
If you are interested in a career with Barr Group we would very much like to hear from you. Please send your CV, along with covering email to recruitment@barrgroup
“The belief that we are only as good as our last job and that everything we say and do really matters, has helped us to maintain the very highest standards.”